There are many do's and don'ts when it comes to utilizing automated emails. Here are 6 best practuces your automated emails should be following to ensure the most optimum efficiency.
- 1. Don’t buy lists. Mailing to purchased lists rarely provides many leads and can actively harm your reputation.
- 2. Carefully curate your contacts. If you want to make the most of your email lists, you need your content to resonate with your VIPs.
- 3. Be warm and personable, but not overly familiar. Laying on the charm too thick makes your emails seem trivial and annoying.
- 4. Be polite! Email subject lines that include the words ‘thank you’ have the highest above-average engagement levels.
- 5. Always offer something of value. Consumers are more likely to open and engage with content if they see it as useful.
- 6. Optimize for mobile. Two-thirds of emails are read on either smartphones or tablets.